Salt-Air Lullabies

    The vast blue sky
My diminutive sorrows
Burn behind
The further we go.

    With my rain coats and your fervor
We take off for a far cottage
Where twice a day the tide rages 
Always, salt air in our faces. 

    And this will be our hideaway
Sleepless nights without you, I've gathered
Now exchanged for a clear look  
Of this silver moon 
up high.

If from the shores we were birthed
Then her waves, we shall become.

    I was made to walk on sea gravel,
To taste brine on your lips
While the ocean carries us into our human
And its rhythmic crashing drowns us out.
    An azure humming 
Yet our voices
are never
too loud.

    In your arms,
I could drown, 
I could cry,
I could break
Let the whitecaps muffle our sounds. 

    Imitating the tidal waters
In and out with palpitation
Until the world begins to quiver
And my teeth tastes of metal. 
    
   Devotion is that of ocean blues
Flowers blooming on your throat
There's nothing but fervent mortal lust
And the distant sea's wailings. 

    At last we fall apart
Sea billows, as if sentient
Manoeuvre through my flesh;
And the afterlight of dusk
Will carry my slumber
To a land of much tranquility. 

    Tomorrow
Our precarious embrace
Would crumble with the sunlight's glow
And soon enough, will dissipate
to leave behind an ache
that can't be abated.
    Then I will become a child in its most primitive
weeping in solitary
floating
in the sun glitter.
    
    But for now
You will be my hideaway
Under your aegis in the harsh metropolis
I would have no room for melancholy.

    Lying on your chest I can smell the waves
A faded song of the seagulls,
Salty lullabies rock me to sleep
Dreaming of a tomorrow
Where my attempts to make you stay
would no longer be futile. 
*****
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Note: this isn't about the ocean. 
vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, cranberry juice.
rain coats là áo mưa.....=))))))))))))) ai hiểu sẽ hiểu hehehe
Last edit: August 8th, 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rotten Honey

Moon Through My Window

You, Him, and everything in between