You, Him, and everything in between

     Sunset filters through the cracks of our lives
I lie in the bathtub, bleeding dry
Drowning in blood, I cry
My body falls apart until breathing feels light.

There's my water supply, running away
 down my breasts, carrying my youth-blue days
It pulls the salty tears out of my eyelids
Then my saliva bubbles and dissipates. 

Moths in my stomach where butterflies should've flied
Intestines vomit
an empty pack of Camel, a half-digested serenade, mold from the bile of his bites.
My abdomen twists into itself, juicing out the 
    clogged, half-hearted sex
Before it detonates into chunks,
—on the walls, curtains, to the shower head 
    rains down on me.

Sinking in my own remains
a sailboat
sloping over the human.

Everything slips out of me to leave room
 for an empty skeleton
Hugging it 
    is the pulsing of putrid flesh.
as I continue to decompose and choke,
His love pushes me down low
His love kisses me where I'm most beautiful
like a vulture in the afterglow.

Then my heart
—my heart
rips through its membrane 
detaches from its arteries
and goes up in flame.
The viscus explodes, splattering onto marble walls memories 

A confession under the poinciana now 
dissolving by my feet
Coffee from our gloomy mornings gushes out my lips
and just the scent of him crawling up on me.
Blood sloshes over my chest 
where his cigarettes burn
And I'm drowning in my empty body, in the crimson secretion
—the sanguinary shedding of self, playing havoc with me.

Blood and saliva pool on my tongue, then
the door pushes open and you enter, 
You roll up your sleeves and crouch down.

You drain the mucus red away from my torn body 
Push my hair up my face, ripped from my throat down in flesh is
—the calamity. 
With a gentle warmth you pick up my insides to rearrange them back in 
your breath never leaves mine.

Once I'm clean, 
Intestines loaded with chrysanthemum tea, homemade soup, and endearments
Put in me the vanilla-scented nights.
You've collected chunks of meat, one by one
and mend them with your hands.
Not a word, just your tongue and my name. 

I taste my lips
Honey.

My body closes up inch by inch 
until there's only my heart fluttering
You sew it up with the arteries
Blue and red through white threads of benignity.
In there, too, the polaroid of me on your bed
Cloths from your handkerchief
and the petals of our tender days. 

Scrubbing diligently despite your bloody hands
until I'm breathing again
no more traces of him 
except for a healing scar.

Your love raises me from salt water
Kisses me where I'm ugliest
with the purity of a sparrow on steps of cement.
Just once, I open my eyes
But you push them closed again
and the water runs 
warm.

I'm in your arms. on the satin sheets
Our room smells of juniper and kisses and whispers
"You stayed up all night?" I rasp out, my voice like breath against cries
"You were sick." You reply simply, softness on my skin.
Through my closed eyes, sunrise 
You smile
& I'm alive
& I'm alive
& I'm alive again. 
*****
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Note: Icel I fucking love this piece sm I deadass do i might need to do more love poems. I do have a lot of that in me.  2109.
Last edit: August 14th, 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rotten Honey

Moon Through My Window