that day when it rained and i cried after your car pulled out of the driveway

 * 8:54   
    September rains on us 
with its dreary dawns.
I greet mother Earth
umbrella panel brushing 
her lush,
quivering arms. 

    Dewdrops, like heavy
along with my eyes 
grow rheumy.
Salty water on my
collarbones and shoulders
that, and 
sobbing fleece on my arm,
from the season's sulky weather.

    Temperature keeps dropping
I watch water rains down 
the world experiences myopia. 

* 10:47

    Zeus's knuckles rasps agaisnt
the classroom's 
glass windows. 
    Yawning and dawdling the morning away
for there's barely any warmth.

The sun amuses itself
with hide and seek.
    That, is
 Earth's stale pastime
We join. 

    I hide under my eyelids 
Cold fiberboard against my cheek
Come, now, look for me.
     
    But?
we lost against the star. 
So the children sigh
disheartenment of losing. 
we continue our morning
and the sun stays hiding. 

* 12:02

    The tempest begins to lighten 
clouds leaving their canvas around us
but this torrent still clings to your skin
and falls asleep on it
leaving you in frost. 

* 19:00
 
    I replay your heartbeat
while waiting for dinner to boil 
Sufjan Stevens on repeat 
thoughts curl
away with steam. Expecting you.

* 20:15

    Bedroom door pants itself shut 
while guilt teases my tongue
and eyelashes are brush
I paint your shoulder raw. 

    Why should it be, this lenience
playing seesaw on a libra scale
the innocence rises under my weight 
Somehow I'm still forgiven. 

    Myriad of blades
Waltz under my skin
With each rotation, gets dizzier
Wailing to be let out. 

    The clock's seconds hand
chimes a hollow song 
Touch this taste on my tongue
And swallow this scent, want it to linger. 

* 20:30

    I want my ribs to crush against yours
Tang of musk on our lips 
Crickets hum loudly
and moths are drawn to the light bulb
like a soft suicide on my front door. 

    the old guitarist's blue 
cedarwood and bergamot's burgundy
your eyes are brown
mine floats in seawater. 

    just one more time
    one more kiss
    one more clench of your arms around my body 
    one more five more minutes 
    The longer I cling onto you
the harder it is to see. 

* after you left 
    i press my forehead to the mattress begging god to fix me 
i search in the air for something of you that still lingers (there's nothing)
You don't understand love until you love
don't understand desperation until you lose.
this isn't our last time
but i have never wanted you to stay an extra minute so, so, 
so badly.
i love you.
i'm waiting for you to return. 

    I'm sorry for crying
as i told you, it is not my turn to burn.
so i love you
and im waiting. 
*****
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Note: daniel if you're reading this i miss you very much. i know you told me to not beat myself up over what happened today but i can't help myself. it's all good tho. i love you. sleep well <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1972

You, Him, and everything in between