AirBnB

    You carved in my heart a hole the size of a door
Then moved in without asking
You dragged your luggage's wheels over the flesh
and left behind some charred markings.

    Soon enough you made yourself
at home.
    With a fireplace always crackling
and I have grown accustomed
to the smell of Marlboro smoking. 

    Sometimes, my lungs 
would cloud gray
    But i told you 
that i was okay.
I even learned to save you a seat
When steam rises from the dining table.

    You see, I was good. 
All I had was space for you.
When you asked for two more stories
I slammed the doors on everyone else
Emptied out their 
cupboards and
Gave you all my keys. 

I did that out of love.

    Your reciprocation might have been peculiar 
But it was good for me
Right, baby?

Like that time you planted in the pit of my stomach
    opiods but I
left them in
Believing they would grow fruit trees.

    Was I not beautiful enough?
Was my obedience worthy of praise?
I waited at the kitchen table
And when you brought your lovers in
I didn't charge you anything. 

    One night you dragged your luggage back out
With your lover, out with my tearducts' currents
You left my heart a frivolous mess
Then complained about my frail endurance.

    I went through every corners of the heart
To clean up your belongings
On the floors there were still footsteps
Shapes and sizes
All of them leading out.

It was the beginning of winter
Snowstorms raged loud.

    Now snowflakes are melting off
in rivers
into the palms of my hands
    I clutch the iciness tight
And imagine them as yours. 

    My heart got frequent visitors
Yet no one stays past one Earth's revolution.
Said they can't stand the cigars-stained walls
or my unkempt furniture.

    But you see, I'm still being good
I clean your room and keep the fireplace going.
    I set your plate across from mine at supper
I leave you a portion when the soup's gone cold
I pile it up 
'til mold start to grow.

    Was my obedience worthy of praise?
I keep the porch light on
Your ashtrays dusted
    And I leave the door unhinged
Waiting for you to
return.

    So please
please
please
please do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1972

You, Him, and everything in between

that day when it rained and i cried after your car pulled out of the driveway