Roadkill
The asphyxiation of a duvet's chrysalis
Still can't be as hot
as the wrap of your arms
around my body;
still can't be as heavy
as your pleas
sinking down on me.
You beg me to make it stop
To curl into you and sleep
To not be afraid of a love so tender
But how could I
throw up what I once were?
Because what didn't kill me
Pulls me off of my bed
with the burnt remnants of the day
and sprawls across my chest
While you're somewhere far away.
The disgust that I couldn't end
Would become a hare
rubbing at my feet
incessantly reminding me of it's existence.
one so repulsive
Eyeing the white bunny in my hands.
How could you ever love a roadkill
Full of filth and bleeding out on concreate?
Don't you ever get tired
of saving me every time?
Don't you ever get tired
of holding me in your arms?
Breathing and limping
Just for me to leap out again
towards the road.
Your patience is burning but I keep
feeding off of it
You can's save something
that finds joy in dying.
*****
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Note: Happy (very late) birthday to this blog. One year!!! It has been such a long journey... I will keep writing!!
Last edit: August 1st, 2026
Last edit: August 1st, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment